PLEASE NOTE: These rides are based at THE PICKLE POT CAFE. Come and have a scrumptious meal or snack at the Pickle Pot cafe and make your horse riding a day to remember.
All visitors to Stormy Hill will be required to sign an indemnity form and parents must sign an indemnity form for their children before participating in any activities.
Riders are required to wear long trousers or jeans with flat shoes.
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO HAVE BANK CARD FACILITIES ON THE PICKLE POT SITE FOR TRAIL RIDE PAYMENTS
HOLIDAYS TO BE PAID BY EFT IN ADVANCE OR CASH ONLY.
Your riding ability
- Never Ridden= someone who has never ridden a horse, or have only done so once or twice on holiday.
- Beginner rider = someone who is comfortable in the saddle & can stay on a reliable well school horse. They can post to the trot (go up and down) and may have cantered a few times = Beginners generally ride once or twice a year on holiday with their partner!
- Novice rider = someone who is comfortable in the saddle & enjoys a reliable well schooled horse. They generally ride at a riding school once or twice a month, or like to ride a friend’s horse on the farm. They can trot comfortably and enjoy a nice controlled canter.
- Intermediate rider = someone who rides regularly and enjoys a forward going well schooled horse. They may or may not be a little nervous for the first little bit while they get to know their horse. They can control their horse independently and is confident trotting and in controlled canters.
- Advanced Rider = someone who is comfortable on most horses in most situations. They ride regularly and may or may not have their own horse. They have a good seat and gentle hands. They can ride in light seat, and can hold a strong horse in a fast canter.